Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day Dreams and Night Magic

Last Christmas we were entertaining turtles on Black Sands Beach in Hawaii. Well, we didn’t entertain them, we watched as they snoozed, lazy eyed and still on the incubating sand. About a foot and a half in diameter they were, ancient wonders. This year we are cavorting around Southern California—and I am sending you the lighted Palm tree we see on every trip driving to our house here past the wine country. Someone wrapped a real palm tree with incredible precision.


I just mailed a DVD of my book, It’s Hard to Stay on a Horse While You’re Unconscious. I offered a download, but ebay requires a hard copy. One copy. I decided to sell it on a file to save people the money of purchasing it, and, of course, if they like it they might want a hard copy. There is nothing like holding a book, smelling it, running one’s fingers over its cover. You can tell I am not a fan of Kindle, although if you want to carry around a 1,000 books that is a way to go.


One downloaded book down, 100,000 to go. Daughter number one tells me not to give it away for $1.00, but I figure if I sold 100,000 that would be a good salary. Of course preparing that one was something like preparing a garden for the first time. You might get a cantaloupe, but it would cost you about $150.00. But, think of it this way, that one DVD book might transport the reader into another realm, might give them courage to carry on, might make them believe that dreams do come true.


I am grateful for the one.


Did you read this quote from www.successbooksguru.com?


"Daydreams can come true. I daydreamed about dangle ball. Got one. I daydreamed about cookies. Got some. I daydreamed about watermelon. Got some. I daydream big rig loaded with frankfurters overturns in street in front of house, nobody hurt, but 20,000 weenies scatter across pavement, and I'm only dog for miles around, and same day Mom buys 20-gallon drum of mustard at Cosco. Hasn't happened yet, but Mom just bought some mustard, so truck will overturn soon."


Life is Good


by trixie koontz, dog


Edited by dean koontz