Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes You Wish on the Bay


Look at that eye

 That face...

As we await the closing of escrow on the Hawaii House, Daughter Darling, Baby Darling and I have been finding solace and loving snorts from an exquisite Bay Draft Horse we found outside of town. He stands about ten feet high, has hooves the size of pizzas, a straight white blaze down the center of his face, and a mane that cascades past his shoulder like Carmen’s hair in the opera Carmen.



The fence is high as you can see, but we manage to give him a good rub, while he whisks a carrot off our palm and gives us sympathy that our waiting period is laborious, and that we do not have a horse.

Aloha for now.

P.S. I just pushed "Publish" on a new website where I shamelessly promote my book, that will, by Book, Nook or Kindle become available sometime in the future. An agent said I ought to have a website, so I gave it the title of "White Orchids and White Horses," and its address is http://www.wishonawhitehorse.com/




That child















That wind over the ears...