Sunday, May 29, 2011

A New World

It’s a new world. I have evidence.

I wanted to send you a picture, but alas when I went back with my camera the evidence had vanished.

Monday as DD and I drove into town we saw sitting on a bus stop bench a full outfit of clothing with no one in them. There was a jacket sitting arm up like Donald O’Connor’s dancing cloth doll in Singing in the Rain. (He animated it.) Beneath the jacket a pair of pants lies uninhabited. A pair of shoes was planted firmly on the ground, pants covering their tops as though a person had recently inhabited them. We laughed. “The rapture happened,” DD said.

Saturday while Daughter Darling, Baby Darling, and I were splashing around in The Plunge in San Diego followed by a quick trip through Sea World, we came home to Husband Dear telling us the world had ended.

“Oh good,” I said, “It’s a new world.”

What if it is?

With a new world DD and I decided we had not thanked Hawaii sufficiently for its gift to us. We were so immersed in the doingness of house renovations, of deciding we wanted to leave the island, of trying to figure out what we were feeling, how much was coming from our own needs, and how much was energy coming from the island that we couldn’t get the hit when it ended. The house sold after 5 months. How lucky we were. We were lucky that someone came in with cash, no waiting for 4 months to get a loan as we did. We were grateful, but had we thanked her (Hawaii) sufficiently?

So DD and I went to the beach again—an earlier trip was to release the Hawaiian experience, (See blog post “Counting Pelicans”), this time we went to thank the Big Island for her gift. I thought of Eckhart Tolle again. In his book, A New World, oh fascinating, I just looked up the title of his book, had forgotten it, and I see we’re talking about the same thing—A New World, in title anyway. Tolle states how spiritual we are has nothing to do with what we believe, but it has everything to do with our state of consciousness.
By state of consciousness I mean to look not so much to what we think, but to where we place our awareness.
It is so tempting to see what is wrong with the world, with life, with anything instead of seeing what is right with it.

A new world?

Sounds like a plan.


Remembering Hawaii:  I stumbled upon this picture of our road in Hawaii--moving from darkness into light.
"It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Quote found in It's Hard To Stay on a Horse While You're Unconscious by Joyce Davis