Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snake Cake

I had to share this, Baby Darling's--now Little Boy Darling's--3rd birthday cake. He asked for it, a snake cake. We delivered.

In the middle of assembledge, however, we decided that cake decorating was not our chosen profession. Daughter Darling was fitting fontant over pink icing, I was up to my usual tactics, paint once, don't like it, paint again. It was rather like Darling Daughter's and my Flip house where we shingled the entire back of a house and decided we didn't like it, so we ripped off all the shingles, filled the holes and painted the house.

I have to say, though, we keep at it until we get'er done.

More truth in the telling...

Sifting sugar

Bare cake being frosted pink.

Rolling out snake skin, uugh.


Blowing out candles.


We have enough cake for a thrashing crew...be glad to share it if we could.