Friday, March 27, 2009

The Secret Life



Two grandsons, big and little.
Neither are smiling, but the big one can, and the little one is trying.



I’m afraid if I say this my log design person will go “Auugh!”

We’re thinking of selling the house.

We want greener pastures and some flat land.

That’s on the home front. That information, like a pink elephant, has been standing in the room, all pink and sparkling with glitter. Lately he has been trumpeting day and night, waking the neighbors, so I have to attend to him. There will be more about that later.

Why am I doing this?

This blog, I mean. Why do we do anything? Either for fun, for the learning experience, or to impart information.

Guess I’m doing it for fun.

You know how it is, we want to do that thing we do and have something meaningful happen as a result. I’ve been working on the book I mentioned earlier, If, a journal, a film and a baby, about Daughter D’s and my journey into a child for her, a possible film for us, and a book by me. As I edit it and read a chapter or so to Daughter D, she says “I don’t remember saying that.” So, see, it’s important to jot down events as they occur. I never understood how a person could write a memoir unless they kept a journal. Not that everyone is interested in the minutia of our lives, they have their own. Without expression and creativity, though, life is bland. And who wants a bland life?

After writing my book, It’s Hard To Stay On A Horse While You’re Unconscious, I decided that nobody knew I existed, and only a few close friends knew me, so this blog is my way of making myself known.


So, Hi guys, hope life is going well for you.

Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die,
we can’t remember who we are or why we’re here.
Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees