Monday, October 12, 2009

Granny Shoots From The Hip

“I’ve stopped listening to talk radio,” says Daughter D. “All I hear is ‘I’m in debt, I’m going to get robbed, and my penis is too small.”

Shall we instead have the song of the poet ringing in our ears:

We need the tonic of wildness,--to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk, and hear the booming of the snipe; to smell the whispering sedge where only some wilder and more solitary fowl builds her next, and the mink crawls with its belly close to the ground.
Walden
--Henry D. Thoreau

The news around here is that I’ve have gotten a new webpage.

It is http://grannyshootsfromthehip.com

Can you believe I am calling myself Granny when 4 years ago I had a hard time thinking of myself as Grandma?

The Granny Shoots From the Hip site will not be about horses although I will still be selling my book It’s Hard To Stay On A Horse While You’re Unconscious. It’s about, oh I’m not sure, Spirit will direct the course. The site attempts to explain itself.

I figured with the new turn of events around here, it is time for a new site, a new slant, and hey, I’m not over thinking it--just shooting from the hip, one can't hold a sight well with glasses on anyway.