Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First the Dream, then the Fantasy, Then the Good-Byes


As I am writing this the chickens, Milli Fleur, the chicks, Dixie, and Sir Winston are going to a new home. A man just loaded them into his truck. He was amazed at how large they were. He has the Milli Fleur breed of chickens, and he said his were half the size of our's--he better feed our babies good. He figured it was the water, as the goats seemed huge to him too. (I think it is alfalfa hay, or grain, or maybe it is my tender loving care.)

On the last blog post I wrote about the horses. Now it is lonely around here. The goats stand around moaning and follow us around, and would come in the house if we'd let them.

And now Daughter D is considering finding homes Orville and Wilber, the goats. The picture on the last blog was Baby D riding Wilber.

We have a flight the Hawaii scheduled for December 1, so guess the move is real. And, wow, I still have a ton of work to do. I would rather sit here, though, with the heater at my feet, the keyboard under my fingers, and you in my thoughts. Soon I will be blogging from Hawaii. I hope you come along for the ride...

You know how they taught you to type in High School? "Don't look at the keyboard," they said. Well, I couldn't get my book review to paste on my website http://grannyshootsfromthehip.com/ so I typed it. Should have watched what I was doing though, when I looked down I discovered I had written it in all Caps. Rats. Do it again.

I did.

I was surprised that Kirkus, an independent reviewing firm, actually read and reviewed my book. I'm happy with the review. They said I wandered a bit--everybody who knows me knows I do that, so guess they were perceptive. Actually they described the book better than I could

Onward, Upward and Ahead!
Joyce