Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blingless


I’ve lost the pierces in my ears—that is my formerly pierced ears are refusing the earrings. For years I’ve had trouble with one ear and taking 15 minutes to get an earring through a half-grown-over hole was too much trouble so I stopped do it. Now the other hole formerly know as “Open for business” is now “Closed for Repairs.”

 
Now here's a girl who knows how to adorn herself.
 
I could have my ears re-pierced, but I keep eyeing a needle and figuring perhaps those formerly pierced holes are half-open, and just a little prick of a needle would open them and solve my problem. Time goes on with my desire not to inflict pain on myself trumping the desire to open the holes. 

Have you ever become impatient with diddily little things like spending 15 minutes to put in an earring? There are others like finding socks that match, phone menus that have 15 selections to get you to 15 more, and then you get bumped back to the original menu, taking vitamins, vacuuming the floor, washing the car, doing the dishes, feeding birds, well maybe you don’t do that, but I bet you do find frustrating anything that takes you away from that-thing-that-you-do.

For me that thing-that-I- do is writing and trying to complete a manuscript, and  re-vamp an old one, and find someone to send it to, and facing rejections, and trying again to ”Build a platform” which is what the writing gurus tell me I must do.  I jam that between playing with my grandson, daughter, husband, and collaborating a screenplay with daughter. While she and I hammer out words on the computer branch out into discussing the nature of reality and trying to figure it all out…

In the meantime my ears remain blingless.