Sunday, September 29, 2013

Perhaps a Little Explanation is in Order


This is a true story written in letters.  It is my mother’s story and mine and my sisters. My mother’s letters are informative, wonderful, a moment out of time, a fragment of history. In the 1950 and 60’s mother wrote to Grandma Holt of the Holt Adoption Agency.  It tells of her Korean children, and Mom loved them. The letters are honest and sweet. I interspersed other letters, and  tell my mother the secret her daughters kept from her. They are not so sweet.

This book may not help girls or woman, or indeed anyone who has been put in a compromising situation, but it will tell them that they are not alone. It will tell them that it is possible to heal. It will tell them that despite bad things that have happened it is possible to be happy. And finally it will tell them  to "Tell Mommy,” or another safe human being who can help.