Thursday, December 26, 2013

Extra Derpy Squid


“Extra Derpy Squid?”

Oh, that’s what Little Boy Darling asked me to type on his computer—not here. Sorry. I'm a double computer typist.
 
I just reviewed my book on line, on a picture that looks like a Kindle, and it appeared to be fine, even the italics came through. This is the second try—I hope nobody saw it the first time around. It was a mess. That day I couldn’t get a review on my computer. Today I did. Yea.
 
 

 
The Noble Art of Living--I wanted that title in the first place, but ended up calling it The God Book. Perhaps the title is presumptuous, I thought, but then so is stating that the words came from whatever you call The Source, The Higher Power, The Universal Consciousness, The Universe, The Great Spirit, God.
 
As you know the word God means many things to many people. Is it Christian, Metaphysical, what? It is confusing, and misleading. I’m dropping it from the title.

 
From The Golden Verses of Pythagoras:

“Lovers of wisdom may be compared to those who at festivals are like spectators, not participating, but at the same time not making external judgments, not buying and selling, not comparing and contrasting, but merely learning what is common to all men, learning something about the noble art of living.” 




 
Christmas is over right?
 


And now it’s Christmas past. Was it all you hoped? Was it fun or was it work? Sometimes it is all those things, a hoped for dream, a family as depicted in Norman Rockwell’s paintings, a hope of getting everything you wanted, at least the first five things on your list. Is it anticipation, like my oldest grandchild who has counted down the days for months?

 We always hope it is grand. I loved ours.

 My little grandson standing beside me now is playing the computer program Minecraft and saying, “I’m trying to get into a ‘Joyful mode.’” He is speaking Minecraft language, but it tickles me to hear him say it, for getting into a joyful mode is what we are all aiming for.